2018 Soaring Eagle District Merit Badge Forum
Troop 324 Scouts can attend the 2018 Merit Badge Forum for the Soaring Eagle District.
- take classes from interesting teachers
- earn cool merit badges – 33 to choose from!
- learn about interesting subjects and gain mad Scout skillz…
- meet other Scouts from different troops in my District
- make new friends!!!
Please see the 2018 Merit Badge Forum Information Packet link at the bottom of this page. Page 5 (Scout Course Registration Form) must be completed and returned to me in order to attend, because we have to enroll as a troop instead of individuals.
- You’ll attend two 2-hour class sessions. Dates are January 6 and 27, 2018.
- Location = Church of the Resurrection (COR); 13720 Roe Boulevard, Leawood, KS 66224.
- The first class begins at 8:30 AM each Saturday, while the second class starts at 10:45. The program runs until 12:45 PM.
- Cost per Scout is $2.00.
Please note that even though the form indicates the deadline is December 4th, I need the completed form back no later than Monday, November 27th. I plan on attending the troop meeting that evening to collect forms. Please note that no late registrations will be accepted.
Most importantly, I need parent volunteers! For every ten scouts, I must supply two volunteers to monitor hallways or assist in the classroom to ensure two deep leadership. Please consider helping out as I will be stationed in the church basement as our troop manager.
Feel free to call / text / e-mail with any questions.
dimpster72 *at* att *dot* net
Download and print the 2018 Merit Badge Forum Info Packet and Registration Form (.pdf format).
Summer Camp 2018 at the Bartle Scout Reservation is comin’ up! Register now if you haven’t – use the form at the bottom of this page.
CAMPSITE & DATES: We’re in Campsite Ottawa in Camp Lone Star during the 5th session from Monday July 17 thru Wednesday July 26. (Where in Camp Lone Star is Campsite Ottawa? Here’s a camp map…)
The cost to attend Bartle this year is $390 for each scout and each full-time adult leader. If you and/or your son plan to attend Bartle, a deposit of $50 each is due now. A second payment of $170 is due by February 7, 2018, with the final payment of $170 by April 11, 2018. Bartle summer camp is always a great experience and I am looking forward to another great year!
2018 Bartle Summer Camp Scout Master
- MORE INFO SOON
PHYSICALS, HEALTH FORMS & INFO:
DIRECTIONS – in case you need them for Visitor’s Day
After you reach Highway 13, go South to Highway C. Take Highway C East approximately 12 miles to a stop sign – it’s just past the Toad Suck store. Turn right (South) to drive through the town of Iconium, MO and past Scott’s General Store. At the cemetery, turn right (West) on NE Scout Camp Road. Go another mile to the entrance for Camps Lone Star and Sawmill and turn right (it’s a giant Indian Statue). Drive slowly for about 1/2 mile, and park in the Sawmill parking lot on your right so you can walk to Campsite Oak. Bring a small wagon if you have stuff to carry.
Current Weather conditions at the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation = Osceola Weather Forecast, MO
Join Troop 324 for an awesome trip on the Amtrak train to Warrensburg, Mo. We’ll depart from Union Station in KC on Saturday morning 12/2, take an awesome train trip, arrive at the Warrensburg Amtrak station, and then hike in with full backpacks to our campsite. Way cool!
This is just about the coolest and best campout of the year!!
Please sign up for the train campout by Thurs 11/30 at noon since we need to confirm the reservation and buy tickets on Thursday. Arrive at the church on Saturday morning by 6:15 as we will leave by 6:30 to head to Union Station. Scouts and leaders need to bring snacks and a lunch for Saturday as the patrols are not cooking lunch on Saturday. Patrols will cook dinner Sunday evening and breakfast Saturday morning. Lunch on Sunday will be pizza that is provided by the troop.
Saturday Dec. 2 to Sunday Dec. 3, 2017
- ride the train with fellow Scouts
- work towards earning the Railroading Merit badge (see the worksheet and requirements)
- hike into the coolest campsite around with full backpacks
- totally Peg The Fun Meter!!
Departure & Return:
- Meet at CLS at 6:15 AM; depart by carpool at 6:30 for KC Union Station.
- Arrive Union Station at 7AM to board the train with your packs.
- Other adults will transport Troop and remaining personal gear to park in limited number of
- We’ll return to KC Union Station around 3:00 pm on Sunday. Families must arrange transportation home from CLS. Due to carpooling, all Scouts will return to CLS.
- winter camping
- hiking with a full backpack
- exploring a state park
- learn about trains by experiencing Amtrak
- here’s the Railroading Merit Badge info…
- $48 per Scout and $44 per adult if you ride the train to Warrensburg
- Field uniform (Class A) during travel on the train and at the Station.
- Seasonal camping attire at all other times.
- Full backpack
- Seasonal camping equipment, including rain gear and appropriate clothing for cool evenings and nights.
- Scout Handbook
- Requirements sheet of Merit Badge book, if you are working on the Railroading badge
- Eat Saturday breakfast at home. Scouts and adults riding the Amtrak may bring mid-morning snack in day pack (no soft drinks).
- Patrols will purchase and prepare Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, and Sunday breakfast. Adults will do likewise, separately from the patrols. Troop will provide Sunday lunch for all.
- Ground fires are allowed at campsite, presenting excellent opportunity to practice skille like bread making and Dutch oven cooking.
- At the campsite, the Troop will assign Scouts to the safety tasks and responsibilities:
- To contact your Scout in an emergency, try calling:
- Scoutmaster Ken Bredehoeft at (816) 674-1437
- or, Tom Ring at (816) 853-6701 (assumes coverage).
Online registration for the 2017 Train campout is OPEN!!
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW ASAP
SO WE CAN GET A HEAD COUNT TO PURCHASE AMTRAK TICKETS…