Join Troop 324 for another fantastic weekend of canoeing on the Niangua River.
SIGN UP USING THE FORM BELOW!!
Friday, May 4 to Sunday, May 6, 2017
- Have fun while learning how to canoe safely.
- Rank advancement.
- Riverfront Campground, 13 Riverfront Trail, Lebanon, MO.
- (888-676-5536) :: here’s a cool Google map
Departure & Return:
- Meet at the Church on Friday at 5:00 pm. for departure.
- Anticipate return to Church around 1:00 pm on Sunday.
- Spring Camping.
- Canoeing on the Niangua River
- $40 per Scout and $35 per adult (cost includes camping and canoeing fees, plus four meals). Pay at registration.
- Field uniform (Class A) during travel to and from the campsite.
- Scout T-shirt with shorts or bathing suit,water shoes or tennis shoes, and hat (suggested) while canoeing.
- Seasonal camping attire at all other times.
- Seasonal camping equipment, including rain gear and appropriate clothing for cool evenings and nights.
- Scout Handbook
- Water shoes or tennis shoes suitable for wearing in the river required (no bare feet).
- Extra shoes or boots for wearing in camp
- Hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses with strap (optional but recommended)
- Ziploc bags (for keeping equipment dry while in the canoe), to be placed in backpack and secured to canoe with length of rope.
- Large plastic bag for holding wet clothes and shoes after return to camp.
- Coin-operated shower facilities available at campsite, so bring coins, towel, soap, and shampoo if interested in showering.
- Also money to purchase Sunday lunch during return trip.
- Bring sack dinner to eat while traveling to the campsite. Patrols will plan, purchase, and prepare Saturday breakfast and dinner, as well as Sunday breakfast. Adults will do likewise, separately from the patrols.
- Troop will purchase all provision for Saturday lunch, to be eaten alongside the River.
- Sunday lunch (fast food) to be purchased during return trip. So bring money for Sunday lunch if you want fast food on the trip back.
- I-435 east to US-71.
- US 71 south to MO-7.
- MO-7 south to Clinton. At south edge of town (at intersection with MO-13), turn left to stay on MO-7 south, going approximately 28 miles to US-65.
- US-65 south approximately 39 miles to US-64.
- US-64 east approximately 17 miles to Riverfront Trail (on your right, just after Cat Hollow Trail on your right and Moonlight Lane on your left).
- Follow the signs to Riverfront Campground. Approximate travel time is 4 hours (200 miles).
- The Troop will assign Scouts and adults to canoes.
- Only Scouts who have both swimming and lifesaving merit badges and are approved by the Scoutmaster may operate a canoe without an adult.
- Whenever possible, adults will be assigned to canoes with their scout.
- To contact your Scout in an emergency, try calling:
- Scott Hayes (913) 313-6205
- Tom Ring at (816) 853-6701 (assumes coverage).
- If no answer, call the campground at 1-888-67-FRONT and leave a message.
Registration for the 2018 Canoe Campout begins now online and closes at April 30 troop meeting.