Join Troop 324 for an awesome trip on the Amtrak train to Warrensburg, Mo. We’ll depart from Union Station in KC on Saturday morning 12/2, take an awesome train trip, arrive at the Warrensburg Amtrak station, and then hike in with full backpacks to our campsite. Way cool!
This is just about the coolest and best campout of the year!!
Please sign up for the train campout by Thurs 11/30 at noon since we need to confirm the reservation and buy tickets on Thursday. Arrive at the church on Saturday morning by 6:15 as we will leave by 6:30 to head to Union Station. Scouts and leaders need to bring snacks and a lunch for Saturday as the patrols are not cooking lunch on Saturday. Patrols will cook dinner Sunday evening and breakfast Saturday morning. Lunch on Sunday will be pizza that is provided by the troop.
Saturday Dec. 2 to Sunday Dec. 3, 2017
- ride the train with fellow Scouts
- work towards earning the Railroading Merit badge (see the worksheet and requirements)
- hike into the coolest campsite around with full backpacks
- totally Peg The Fun Meter!!
- Warrensburg Scout Area
Departure & Return:
- Meet at CLS at 6:15 AM; depart by carpool at 6:30 for KC Union Station.
- Arrive Union Station at 7AM to board the train with your packs.
- Other adults will transport Troop and remaining personal gear to park in limited number of
- We’ll return to KC Union Station around 3:00 pm on Sunday. Families must arrange transportation home from CLS. Due to carpooling, all Scouts will return to CLS.
- winter camping
- hiking with a full backpack
- exploring a state park
- learn about trains by experiencing Amtrak
- here’s the Railroading Merit Badge info…
- $48 per Scout and $44 per adult if you ride the train to Warrensburg
- Field uniform (Class A) during travel on the train and at the Station.
- Seasonal camping attire at all other times.
- Full backpack
- Seasonal camping equipment, including rain gear and appropriate clothing for cool evenings and nights.
- Scout Handbook
- Requirements sheet of Merit Badge book, if you are working on the Railroading badge
- Eat Saturday breakfast at home. Scouts and adults riding the Amtrak may bring mid-morning snack in day pack (no soft drinks).
- Patrols will purchase and prepare Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, and Sunday breakfast. Adults will do likewise, separately from the patrols. Troop will provide Sunday lunch for all.
- Ground fires are allowed at campsite, presenting excellent opportunity to practice skille like bread making and Dutch oven cooking.
- Here’s a map of the Kansas City Union Station area
- Here’s a map of the Warrensburg train station area
- At the campsite, the Troop will assign Scouts to the safety tasks and responsibilities:
- To contact your Scout in an emergency, try calling:
- Scoutmaster Ken Bredehoeft at (816) 674-1437
- or, Tom Ring at (816) 853-6701 (assumes coverage).
Online registration for the 2017 Train campout is OPEN!!
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW ASAP
SO WE CAN GET A HEAD COUNT TO PURCHASE AMTRAK TICKETS…